WCBS Newsradio 880 in HD, FM that is!

Todd Glickman radio88@radio88.net
Thu Oct 2 13:33:45 EDT 2008

As of 3:00am this morning, WCBS Newsradio 880 (AM) in NYC is available
on WCBS-FM's HD-3 channel.  Here's the announcement:

"-For 41 years you’ve been able to listen to Newsradio on you’re AM
radio dial at 880 am.
- Five years ago you were able to listen to Newsradio using your
computer as a radio by logging onto wcbs880 dot com
- Just over a year ago you were able to purchase an HD radio and
listen to 880 am with significantly better audio quality
- This summer WCBS 880 and other CBS Stations were made available on
your PDA's and I Phones thru the AOL Radio app
and
- TODAY!.... if you have an HD Radio… WCBS has moved onto the FM dial…

The new HD Radio technology allows the FM dial to expand by
potentially tripling the number of radio stations you can listen to.
Almost every FM station that you have listened to the past decade now
has the ability to create two other radio channels next to their
original dial position.

In the wee hours of this morning, WCBS Newsradio 880 began airing on
the HD FM band and can now be heard on one of our sister FM station
CBS-FM’s new channels. If you have an HD radio, tune to 101.1 and then
go two more channels over to 101.1 channel 3…and you will hear in
brilliant audio quality your newsradio station, WCBS 880.

We urge you to begin converting your radios to HD Radios because your
choices for free radio programming will multiply exponentially over
what you can receive on your traditional radio…and all those extra
channels are free to listen to. You want choice and you want it for
free…get an HD Radio and listen to all the choices available to you."

==========================

Todd Glickman
Certified Broadcast Meteorologist
WCBS Newsradio-880
New York City, NY
Email:	radio88@radio88.net
http://www.radioweather.net

Todd Glickman '77
Associate Director, Office of Corporate Relations
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, W98-400
600 Memorial Drive, 4th Floor
Cambridge, MA 02139
Email:	glickman@mit.edu
Phone:	(617) 452-2457