Manilow Disorder

Maureen Carney m_carney@yahoo.com
Wed Nov 26 17:25:35 EST 2008

Not sure about the origins of "Feelings" but Morris Albert is Brazilian.

More torture can be had with these 70s favorites - "Let Her In" (by John Travolta) and "Convoy". My brother and I debate which one of those is the worst song of the 70s. He says the former, I say the later.

________________________________
From: Dan.Strassberg <dan.strassberg@att.net>
To: Laurence Glavin <lglavin@mail.com>; Bill O'Neill <billohno@gmail.com>; Cdsull502@aol.com
Cc: boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 5:10:51 PM
Subject: Re: Manilow Disorder

It was my understanding that the song, Menomena (apparently primarily
associated today with the Muppets who performed it--you can find the
video at many Web sites), was originally heard in the sound-track of a
film (probably from the '60s) called "Heaven and Hell in Sweden."
Google gave me no hits on the film, however, so I don't know whether
the film--and probably the song--are really of Swedish origin.
However, I suspect that the film and the music originated there.

I think Morris Albert and his lachrymose songs are of French origin.

If I am correct, however, neither Minomena nor Feelings could
therefore qualify for an award for service to THIS country.
-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367