The importance of local talk radio

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Wed Nov 26 02:00:47 EST 2008

On 25 Nov 2008 at 15:28, Kevin Vahey wrote:

> Sheen had a good sense of humor. One night he came on and said 'Hi I'm
> Uncle Fulty'

I've heard that Milton Berle called him that.

He is also supposed to have dropped in on a Howdy Doody Show
rehearsal, where he was called "Holy Doody" and "Howdy Diety."

> Paley must have been thrilled WNAC dumped CBS for Sheen.

I don't know that CBS had much on at that hour.  It is said that
Berle dominated his Tuesday night time slot so thoroughly that no
sponsored programs were put opposite him.  Supposedly Bishop Sheen
was the first show to get any ratings against Berle.