The importance of local talk radio

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 15:37:18 EST 2008

The top of the hour ID on WGR must shake up Bostonians passing thru WNY. :)

Other Top 40 outlets that thrived with a weaker signal
WMCA NYC
WTXL West Springfield
WAAB Worcester
WKBR Manchester
WICE Providence
CKFH Toronto
CFOX Montreal
In Maine there was a station in Westbrook that gave WLOB fits as well.

and of course WMEX which like WMCA would switch to talk when teens
went to bed and got the best of both worlds.

Supposedly Jerry had a 60 share on WMEX at night which was astounding
given the signal. I remember my Mom remarking that Jerry came in much
better on WBBM in Cambridge and she continued to listen every night
until he moved to days.