WICC-TV - was Is WBZ AM-TV

Bill Dillane dillane@sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 18 07:26:47 EST 2008

> A similar situation occured in Bridgeport, CT at WICC-TV (Channel 43) in
> 1960.  The first caller to Channel 43 within the allotted time would win a
> crisp new $100 bill.  Nobody called.  The next day, WICC-TV went silent,
> with the FCC's blessing.

>I believe it was Morgan Kayolian who was the one who made the offer right?
>He was a traffic reporter for years.
>Michael Collins told me that story once!

According to WICC's website, Bob Crane made the offer on his TV show.  But
Morgan Kayolian did skits on Bob's show, so I think Morgan provided the
money and actually showed it.  Also, Michael Collins is an expert on CT
broadcast history, and worked with Morgan at WICC. :)

Channel 43 info
http://www.wicc600.com/wiccclock.htm

Morgan Kaolian at WICC
http://www.wicc600.com/morgan.htm