when did the FCC relax COL rules?

Kevin Vahey kvahey@comcast.net
Sun Nov 16 13:29:18 EST 2008

I remember that WXPO used to run Mike Douglas and Steve Allen from
Windham to meet the rules of the day. ( commercials were sometimes
inserted from Lowell )

WPRI does run some syndicated programming and commercial insertion
from Holyoke which indicates the rules were relaxed at some point.
Obviously news is still done from the studio.