Fox Sports Radio no longer on WZAN

Doug Drown revdoug1@verizon.net
Sun Nov 16 00:49:00 EST 2008

>>I never understood why WCSH unloaded that station as it could have
become the WBZ of Maine.>>

I never could understand why Maine Broadcasting sold WCSH or WLBZ (which had
the biggest AM signal in central and northern Maine).  If the two stations
had had FM counterparts, I could see why the FCC might have frowned on the
situation, given its mindset in the late '70s - early '80s.  (Then again,
the Hildreth family didn't unload WABI and WYOU until the mid-1990s, and I
don't think it was because Diversified Communications was perceived as
having a monopoly in the Bangor market.)

Today WZAN is the poor sister to WGAN.   The station has a rich history.
Sad to know what it's become.   -Doug