If you should find yourselves in Burbank...

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Tue Nov 11 02:22:11 EST 2008

When I went to L.A. for the first and only time last year, the last full day I spent
in the area (visiting a friend) had us touring the NBC studios in the late morning.
They told us, "We have seats available for the taping of the Tonight Show this
afternoon if you'd like". My friend and I looked at each other and shook our heads;
we knew we'd made plans to see Sony/Columbia Studios (the old MGM studios) at that
time. Maybe next time...but yes, Leno isn't there for too much longer.

They did show us his motorcycle, etc. When we were in the Tonight Show part of
the tour, a country band called SugarLand was doing a sound check. That night when I
got back to my motel room, I tuned in to the show briefly and thought "hey,
I coulda been there". And the funny part is he made a joke about the Der
Weinerschnitzel hot dog stand across from the NBC studios...the same place
my friend and I had been earlier that day!