Radio in Ireland and the UK.

Kevin Vahey kvahey@comcast.net
Mon Nov 10 20:25:28 EST 2008

I think the main factor is simply how crowded medium wave is in the US
while in Europe many stations are closing down as we are also seeing
in Canada.

I also doubt you have many stations in Europe that are highly
directional into the ocean like for example WWZN. Another clear signal
in Ireland was out of Newfoundland on 930.

I recall the Soviet Union has a monster signal up around 1400 that
could be heard clearly in Ireland. I was told it transmitted using 2.5
million watts. (eek)