WTIC must switch to night pattern earlier

Paul Anderson paulranderson@charter.net
Sun Nov 9 09:06:56 EST 2008

On Nov 8, 2008, at 10:15 PM, Sid Schweiger wrote:

> That is NOT what it says.  The only part of WTIC's license that's
> being modified is its entitlement to skywave protection between
> Hartford sunset and Dallas sunset (in FCC parlance, its "extended
> daytime operation").  The license modification will specify
> groundwave-only protection during those hours.  Its power/pattern
> change times are NOT affected.

My apologies, then, for misinterpreting the document.  My friend, a
fellow former Hartford broadcaster, sent me the link with the
conclusion that WTIC would have to change their pattern earlier.

So this license modification could allow a change to WTIC's pattern in
the future?  What will the two Michigan stations gain, if anything,
from this, either now or in the future?

Paul