CN8 shuts down Boston operations.

Kevin Vahey kvahey@comcast.net
Fri Nov 7 09:56:34 EST 2008

Was it AT&T 3 that call themselves Wicked Cool TV or was that Media One 3?

I was told this morning that Comcast 100 in Chicago is about to be cut
which puts TV of the AHL Wolves in jeopardy.

CSN Chicago is partly owned by the Blackhawks who have no love for the AHL team.

Local origination was well done by long gone companies just as
American Cable, Media One, Continental, Time-Warner and Cablevision.

When AT&T took over they cut local to the bone and then Comcast
scrapped what was left. Cambridge for example had a full blown studio
on Sherman St that C-Span used often and a high quality remote truck.

I know some of the CN8 staffers being cut loose as many have survived
all the mergers.