WRKO to carry Carr's induction to Radio Hall of Fame

Alan Tolz atolz@comcast.net
Fri Nov 7 07:37:15 EST 2008

Jerry's RHOF speech is also at http://www.jerrywilliams.org .  Go to "Audio
Slips", then "misc".

Alan
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Nelson" <raccoonradio@mail.com>
<boston-radio-interest@rolinin.bostonradio.org>
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2008 3:03 AM
Subject: WRKO to carry Carr's induction to Radio Hall of Fame

Howie Carr mentioned tonight that WRKO will carry his induction into the
Radio Hall of Fame
on Saturday night from 10 to 11 pm Eastern, live from Chicago. (Carr will do
his show
tomorrow from WGN's studios.) He will get a grand total of 90 seconds for
his speech.

I still have a bit of tape from when Jerry Williams went into the RHOF and
they cut him
off by having the band play "Yakety Yak". He was not pleased. I think if you
go to
the RHOF site you can hear the acceptance speeches from past awards (in some
cases,
when the inductee has passed on, you will hear someone accept it for
him/her...
for example, they inducted Jean Shepherd a few years ago. "Shep" died in
1999.)

http://www.radiohof.org/

There's a list of affiliates carrying it and also a video streamcast can be
seen.