Beck's politeness, Smerconish's endorsement

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Thu Nov 6 13:19:05 EST 2008

<<On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 13:11:00 -0500, "Bob Nelson" <raccoonradio@mail.com> said:

> Someone on Free Republic said they turned off Glenn Beck today after
> Beck urged everyone to recognize Obama as the new President, and one
> caller who objected was called anti-American by Beck. The poster
> said they won't listen to Beck again, and he said Beck's behavior
> probably stems from fear the Fairness Doctrine could return.

Utterly ridiculous.  The vast cadre of right-wing conspiracy theorists
are already at it.  (No surprise there....)

> Another "conservative" talk host suffered some backlash for
> endorsing Obama, Philadelphia's Michael Smerconish (WPHT). Shortly
> after the endorsement, CBS announced that their new D.C.-based talk
> station would be carrying Smerconish too. Some feel that the Obama
> endorsement was part of a quid pro quo so he would get on more
> stations but who knows if the F.D. may be involved too.

I do.  There's only one thing Sumner Redstone cares about, and it's
profit.

-GAWollman