Dennis & Callahan criticized for "election postponed" joke

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Wed Nov 5 14:35:02 EST 2008

Here's a "thought experiment" (one that has meandered through my febrile
cerebellum many times after a few Sam Adamses):
Can you imagine how different radio (and TV too) would be if at the dawn of Federal
Regulation of radio, the government said you COULDN'T SELL A RADIO LICENSE?
Just the equipment, the towers and the land on which they are sited?  If,
after a few years, a licensee just "wanted to get out of the business",
he or she would just walk  away and the FCC would entertain applications from
new entities.  In a few years many radio licenses may be of little worth
(it just happened in Oak Ridge, TN) anyway, and even some broadcast TV licenses
could easily  be turned in (channel 62?).

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses
Get a Free Account at www.mail.com