Boston pirate

Eli Polonsky elipolo@earthlink.net
Wed Nov 5 10:27:45 EST 2008

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 11:58 PM
From: jjlehmann@comcast.net
To:"Dave Doherty" <dave@skywaves.net>

> > Their website even has an address:
> >
> > Choice 102.9 FM
> > 452 Norfolk Street
> > Boston, MA 02124

> > That's about 10km from the Garden. The address looks like
> > a residence. If that's the transmitter site, they've got to
> > be running serious power to be heard at the Garden. My guess
> > is the actual operation is much closer in to downtown.
>
> 452 Norfolk St. is indeed their transmitter site. The FCC has
> visited there on several occasions, but it has not effect.

He's correct. Like "Big City 101.3", "Choice 102.9" puts out
a lot of power and can be heard well beyond Route 128 in most
directions, as well as in Boston proper. It is strongest in
the Dorchester/Mattapan area (near Norfolk St.), though.

These two high-powered pirates (and others) have been on the
air from the inner city for at least a couple of years now.
If you're regular Boston area radio listeners, I'm surprised
that you haven't already heard them yet.

EP