Don't forget, WGBY/57 (analog goes silent Wednesday at 11:59 PM).

Peter Q. George radiojunkie3@yahoo.com
Mon Nov 3 11:18:14 EST 2008

Just a reminder, WGBY/57 Springfield, MA (analog) will be going silent at 11:59 PM on Wednesday, November 5th (according to the WGBY website).  If you're in the Greater Springfield area, you should have a tape machine ready, capable of recording on-the-air (not cable).  Wish I were there. I WAS in Amherst last night and had a chance to use the Color Watchman to see one last look at Channel 57.  Even on partial power, Channel 57 still seems to have the best signal in Amherst compared to 40 (WGGB).  Surprisingly, Channel 19 (WCDC) has a better signal than 22 (WWLP).  No sign of WSHM/67 at all.  Good bye Channel 57.

Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts
"Scanning the bands since 1967"

radiojunkie3@yahoo.com