Ch.7 w/Reduced Power (In DTV Transition?)

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Thu May 29 00:22:54 EDT 2008

On 28 May 2008 at 10:41, Maureen Carney wrote:

> I thought they found that DTV on the VHF band interfered with medical
> equipment (it happened with an early adopter in Dallas) and on
> channels 2-6 has very limited range. Is the VHF assigment that
> important in this day and age of virtual mapping?

I kinda thought that channels 2-6 weren't going to be allowed for DTV
broadcasting and would be reassigned to something else after analog
television is turned off.

It will certainly make for an advertizing advantage if WHDH-TV can
keep calling itself Channel 7, while WBZ, WCVB, and WGBH can't use
the channel numbers with which they've been identified for so long.