Ch.7 w/Reduced Power (In DTV Transition?)

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Wed May 28 14:32:31 EDT 2008

Here's question: can a station now operating in analog on VHF channel 7
keep using its channel 7 transmitting antenna if it reverts to channel 7
for DTV after February 19th? Right now, there's a channel 7 AND a channel
42 antenna atop the Sunbeam Broadcasting standalone tower in Newton. Their
co-owned outlet, WLVI-TV, aanalog channel 56, digital channel  41 remains
for now on the candelabra tower in nearby Needham.  Knowing Sunbeam's propensity
to save a buck, could they apply to operate WLVI on channel 42 instead after
the transition date, and then utilize the antenna now in place (thus
ending the rental costs over on the candelabra)?

--
Mail.com Autos- Powered by Oncars.com: Drive By Today!
http://www.oncars.com