That infernal hum - Radio shack

Dale H. Cook radiotest@cox.net
Tue May 27 14:42:05 EDT 2008

At 12:51 PM 5/27/2008, Kevin Vahey wrote:

>Anything with the Realistic lable was pure junk.

I disagree. Many products sold under that label have been and are
rebranded items made by major manufacturers. I have a "Realistic"
portable SW radio that is actually a Sangean, and "Realistic"
scanners that are actually made by Uniden/Bearcat and General
Research of Electronics (GRE). My first digital multimeter came from
Radio Shack and was a rebranded Sinclair PDM35. I still own all of
those items, and they all still work, including the VOM which is
about 30 years old.

Dale H. Cook, Chief Engineer, Centennial Broadcasting,
Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA - WZZI / WZZU / WLNI / WLEQ
http://plymouthcolony.net/starcity/starcity.html