two things (one bit of news, one request for assistance)

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Wed May 14 01:12:30 EDT 2008

Thing one:  if you are fans of the rock group RUSH, their original
drummer John Rutsey just died of a heart attack.  He was only
55.  When the band first came to the US in 1974, he was still with
them, but even then he had terrible health problems (severe diabetes,
for one, back at a time when it was much harder to take care of it
than it is today) and had to drop out of the band as a result.  I
felt sorry to hear he was gone-- I of course keep in touch with the
members of Rush, and I will always remember that era when I
discovered the band-- back when a music director like me could take a
chance on a new band and actually break some new music...

Thing two:  A very nice GM from a Spanish station in Florida called
me earlier today-- he didn't know me, but saw in the R&R Directory
that my company markets music software-- which it still does.  But he
asked me about something I couldn't help him with:  MusicMaster.  I
haven't worked with it in ages.  Is there anyone on list who could
walk him through a few things-- yes he speaks good English.  If you
know MusicMaster and could answer a couple of his questions, contact
me off-list and I'll give you his contact information.  Thanks.