Local firm to buy 17 Maine radio stations

Chuck Igo chuckigo@maine.rr.com
Thu May 1 17:49:09 EDT 2008

Dan wrote:
>> A newly formed Maine radio company - Blueberry Broadcasting - announced
>> it will buy 17 radio stations in the Augusta, Rockland and Bangor areas
>> from national media giant Clear Channel Communications.
 The Kennebunkport-based radio company has signed a contract to buy all of
Clear Channel's Maine radio stations, said Bruce Biette, of Blueberry
Broadcasting.
Biette said the purchase price is $11 million.
 http://news.mainetoday.com/updates/026376.html
$11 million seems like a low price.  I wonder what Clear Channel paid for
the stations.  I am betting a lot more.
 For the record -- Biette was GM of Saga's Portland stations when I was
fired in 1993.  Not that I hold a grudge.  ;-)   <<

Bruce was also with WIGY during your formative years in Bowdoinham.  Was he
"Steve Rogers" on the air?  I know he was the voice behind the Romanow's
Furniture spots.

- -Chuck Igo