WCAP's signal

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Mon Mar 31 00:21:08 EDT 2008

A few years ago, I couldn't get WCAP in Brookline, day or night.  Not
even in my car.  I suspect the new owners may have cleaned up the
transmission a bit because now I can get the day signal in my car
quite well.  It fades a bit here and there, and it's sometimes
subject to interference when driving along the trolly tracks, if
there's a train there.  But it's a very useable signal.

I drove out to Sudbury today along Route 20 and found the daytime
signal there pretty good, but occasionally spotty.  The night signal
in Sudbury is readable, but it's got some major skywave interference,
I assume from WTRY.  In Brookline, it's much better, though perhaps a
bit weaker than the daytime signal.