Digital TV Broadcasts

Mark Laurence marklaurence@mac.com
Sat Mar 29 18:58:57 EDT 2008

On Mar 29, 2008, at 3:40 PM, Sonny Daye wrote:

> I'm wondering just WHAT programming is offered, specifically in the
> Boston
> market. After Googling for hours, I can't find any listings for
> digital
> programming. Is the programming offered simply the SAME programming
> as the
> analog counterpart or is there UNIQUE programming on the digital
> channels
> (which I assume will be accessible once a digital converter is
> hooked up to
> the TV - even NOW, before the 2009 transition).
> I have seen mentions of channels like Channel 4, Channel 4.1, Channel
> 4.2and the like, but can't find any specific info for available
> channels in Boston

Most of the programs that require schedules are on 2 and 44.  2.2 is
WGBH HD.  44.2 is WGBH World.  44.3 is WGBH Create.  44.4 is 'GBH
Kids.  These are all on the wgbh.org website.

4, 5, 38, and 56 have no unique digital programming.  7 has 24 hour
weather information on 7.2.  62 has unique programming on 62.2, but
who cares, it's another shopping channel.  68 has 3 digital stations:
the kids network "qubo" on 68.2, IonLife on 68.3, and Worship on
68.4.  You'll find their schedules on http://www.qubo.com/
tvschedule.asp, and http://www.ionlife.com/.  http://www.worship.net
has information about the Worship Network, and maybe you can find a
schedule there.

Mark