WBZ/Westinghouse/Springfield, MA

Roger Kirk rogerkirk@ttlc.net
Fri Mar 28 14:35:08 EDT 2008

Scott Fybush wrote:
> The two towers, which are still standing, supported a wire antenna, no
> longer present, that was strung between them. The antenna was made up
> of a vertical feed that ran to a horizontal wire dipole...hence, a "T."
>
> The towers themselves were just support structures for the antenna
> itself.

I can almost envision using the towers to support a banner or
banner-like sign betwixt them.
With today's NIMBY zoning for signs, et al, the grandfathering
possibilities are staggering.

(Audience:) How far apart were they?
(Cue Johnny Carson) They were SO far apart...

Roger Kirk (weaving & ducking - Bill O'Neill style)