Dale Arnold did the Celtics???

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Thu Mar 27 13:28:49 EDT 2008

At 12:16 AM 3/27/2008, Sean Smyth wrote:

>I'm thinking he did the Celtics as a fill-in a few wyears ago, when
>Spencer Ross had a death in the family. May be my memory failing me, though.

Well, I'm checking all the articles about him that were written in
the Boston media, and Celtics articles are nowhere to be found yet--
but I am still looking.

In mid August 1991, when he joined WEEI, the press release said
"Radio station WEEI, which is changing to an all-sports format on
Sept.3, again raided WHDH yesterday [12 August] when they hired
morning-drive sports anchor Dale Arnold to host the 10 a.m.-to-1
p.m., Monday-through-Friday slot.

"I'm thrilled that they gave me a chance," said Arnold, who was
brought to WHDH three years ago to handle play-by-play duties with
the New England Patriots. "Of all the cities in the country, I've
always thought that all-sports programming could go in Boston. If
you're going to do talk radio, you do either politics or sports and
there's enough people doing politics in this city already."

Arnold moved into the WHDH morning-drive slot when the Patriots
changed stations to WBZ. His talk show host experience expanded over
the past three years when he filled in for Eddie Andelman, who
preceded Arnold in jumping from WHDH to WEEI. He has now come full
circle as he also hosts a Sunday morning talk show, focusing on
football during the NFL season and thus competing with the Patriots'
pregame lineup.... Arnold, a Maine native, has extensive play-by-play
experience. In addition to his three-year stint with the Pats, he
broadcasted AHL Maine Mariners games for seven years before doing a
two-year hitch as the radio voice of the NHL New Jersey Devils."