WMUR

Peter Q. George radiojunkie3@yahoo.com
Tue Mar 25 23:08:13 EDT 2008

It's amazing.  In spite of the primitive facilities at
the time, the folks at WMUR-TV still managed to put
out some great TV that people STILL remember to this
day.  I applaud their efforts.  For those of us who
worked in television, I, myself, can appreciate what
many folks in TV did, using the most primitive
equipment around.  Like Kevin Vahey at WXPO and WMUR,
Dwight Damon at WMUR and myself at the original
Channel 46 (WHRC-TV/Norwell, MA), we took a lot of
pride in the work we did.  To many people, doing
Master Control (and such) seems like a monotonous kind
of work.  But when I was new in the game (back in
'88), I always felt that it was truly an art-form.  I
was amazed on how good it actually came out on the
home receiver.  It was the most fun for me in my
nearly 30 years of broadcasting.  It's the biggest
"high" to know that somewhere out there, someone is
watching what I'm doing on "the board".  Today, I'm
still doing MCO part-time now in the "Queen City" at
Channel 60 and loving it!

73,

Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts

--- Doug Drown <revdoug1@verizon.net> wrote:

> It would be interesting to hear from people who
> worked at WMUR at the time
> of the transition from United Television ownership
> to Imes.  It must have
> been like night and day.   -Doug

Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts