Kid's Show Hosts (was: WMUR)

Peter Q. George radiojunkie3@yahoo.com
Tue Mar 25 10:13:41 EDT 2008

Dairylea, now that name brings back memories.  I
believe that another Boston area milk producer
Whiting's was also absorbed by Dairylea in the early
70's.  Can anyone remember the name of the lady with
the bonnet who adorned the carton of Whiting's milk
for many years until they used the same packaging
style as Dairylea?  Easy!

As for that little kid who didn't like warm milk in a
hot studio, I can keep a secret ;)!

--- Kevin Vahey <kvahey@comcast.net> wrote:

> The got merged into Dairylea
>
> In 1955 or so a young boy drank some milk on camera
> at WBZ
>
> The milk was warm because it was sitting under the
> lights and the
> young boy spit out the milk
>
> I plead the 5th amendment
>

> On 3/24/08, Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com>
> wrote:
> > At 03:01 PM 3/24/2008,  it was said--
> >
> > >If I recall, United Farmers ("UF") was the milk
> > >sponsor of "Big Brother".  Wonder what ever
> happened
> > >to them.
> >
> > I'm sure they merged with somebody who merged with
> somebody
> > who...etc.   But I do have a scanned photo of Big
> Brother drinking
> > United Farmers milk if anyone wants a copy.

Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts
                           "Scanning the bands since 1967"
radiojunkie1@yahoo.com