TV cartoons

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Tue Mar 25 01:36:31 EDT 2008

<<On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 01:30:57 -0400, "Don A" <donald_astelle@yahoo.com> said:

>> Channel 9 kept the Mr Magoo, Dick Tracy and Popeye 16 MM forever.
>> When WXPO folded somebody took the entire Warner Brothers library they
>> had.

> I thought when your deal/license was up with a program you had to send back
> the titles....

That's what they're supposed to do -- either that or destroy the
copies.  They don't always do so.  I used to have a set of two vinyl
discs for CBS's "Top 40 Satellite Survey with Dan Ingram", clearly
labeled "AFFILIATES: DESTROY AFTER LAST AIRING", which WQCR gave away
in a contest.  (I wish I knew what happened to them -- I have a lot
more appreciation now for Ingram's talents than I did at the time.)

-GAWollman