Small-town TV (was: WMUR)

Doug Drown revdoug1@verizon.net
Mon Mar 24 22:37:46 EDT 2008

> Doug those cartoons we watched would be deemed too violent for todays
> toddlers

Yup, I'm sure they would.  I was a big fan of Mighty Mouse when I was a
little kid, and I can remember some MM episodes that, in hindsight, were
incredibly violent.

--- And yet --- Why is is that heroes and villains can be blasted by rays in
today's kiddie series, but you can't depict anything that uses bullets?
Violence is violence is violence, it seems to me.  The argument, I suppose,
is that ray guns aren't real.  Well, Mighty Mouse wasn't real either, and
neither were the bullets.  Nor all that Acme stuff that went awry when Wile
E. Coyote tried to use it.
Don't get me wrong --- I don't condone violence --- but there's a double
standard here that I've never understood.

-Doug