WMUR

Peter Q. George radiojunkie3@yahoo.com
Mon Mar 24 13:56:39 EDT 2008

--- Doug Drown <revdoug1@verizon.net> wrote:

> >I have often wondered whether Uncle Gus actually
> hated kids or if parents
> >who brought kids to be in the audience of a
> low-budget TV show generally
> raised brats.

>From what I saw from watching Channel 9 over the
years, Gus Bernier seemed to be a very down-to-earth
person, at least it seemed that way on the air.  He
was an ICON in New Hampshire television.  Even down
here in the Boston area, people knew about Channel 9
and Uncle Gus.

As for Bob "Big Brother" Emery, this was not the first
time I've heard about him not really "big" on kids.
I'm sure everybody has had a bad day with a bunch of
kids (especially when they're really bratty).

Who knows....  since both Bob Emery and Gus Bernier
are now deceased, we'll never know.