the nasty dance

Keating Willcox kwillcox@wnsh.com
Sat Mar 22 23:52:44 EDT 2008

At 10:46 PM 3/22/2008, you wrote:
>What's curious btw about the current election is that despite
>conservatives allegedly controlling the GOP, the nominee is John
>McCain, whom many  on the right call "liberal" or "Republican in Name Only".
>It will be interesting to see what happens in the final election--will the GOP
>"base" stay home, and I won't even get into what could happen on the
>Democratic
>side depending on whom is nominated...anyway...

Ahh the nasty dance of the GOP.. Ike vs. "Mr Republican", Goldwater
vs Scranton, Bush vs Reagan, and now Romney vs McCain. What doesn't
kill you makes you stronger. McCain is favored by business and might
expect hundreds of millions of soft money from corporations. Voters
will like a Democrat House and Senate and A GOP president.

Obama is the candidate and could win easily. He needs to go every
week to a new issue and provide a complete plan to solve its
problems, with decisive and frugal legislation. He needs to use radio
to get his ideas to the people. He needs to remind people that
President Bush has been very good to his friends, the oil industry (
oil went from $24 to $110) the pharma industry ( immense profits),
and big agriculture (ethanol, pro-illegal immegration). Will Obama be
able to explain and repudiate these "friends" and all their campaign
money? I think radio is the perfect medium for him to get his message out.

Keating Willcox