WMUR/WXPO and CBS (Re: WMUR)

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sat Mar 22 22:12:31 EDT 2008

On 22 Mar 2008 at 10:29, Kevin Vahey wrote:

> CBS was also looking at moving 50 to the old WHDH-TV tower and making
> it WEEI-TV. CBS wanted nothing to do with RKO General but was stuck
> with them in 72.

I guess that would explain why CBS moved to channel 5 around 1961.  I
always wondered about that.  Why did CBS want nothing to do with RKO
General?  Was it related in any way to why RKO General eventually
lost the license for channel 7?

> 15 years later 21 would become a CBS affiliate but it was doomed as
> they had problems getting put on cable clusters in southern NH
> especially with Warner Cable. Tom Flatley was not used to losing money
> and he literally pulled the plug with no warning to the staff.

I don't think 21 is on Boston-area cable even now, though 50 is.