Gene Burns, Michael Jackson

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 16:28:55 EDT 2008

Gene was on with Morgan White Jr. (in for Steve Leveille) last week. Libertarian
is what many may call him and he mentioned that back in the 80s he ran for
the Libertarian nomination for President.

He may be like Dennis Miller in some ways (or even me)--conservative in some
ways, lib/moderate in others ("I have no problem with Larry marrying
Steve but if
an Islamofascist wanted to firebomb their wedding, then I'd have a problem with
that"). Phil Hendrie may also be of the same ilk; perhaps what Democrats used
to be before their more conservative members opted out (or at least became
independents).

What's curious btw about the current election is that despite
conservatives allegedly controlling the GOP, the nominee is John
McCain, whom many  on the right call "liberal" or "Republican in Name Only".
It will be interesting to see what happens in the final election--will the GOP
"base" stay home, and I won't even get into what could happen on the Democratic
side depending on whom is nominated...anyway...

Jackson may still be on in L.A. Have heard tapes of him. Veddy British.