Gene Burns, Michael Jackson

Bill O'Neill billohno@gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 15:46:05 EDT 2008

Alan Tolz wrote:
> Paul is correct.  Gene is now on KGO in San Francicso.  We spoke with
> him a while back to interview him for "Burning up the Air", and he was
> very gracious with his time and effusive praise of Jerry Williams.
Gene did his final WRKO show from the State House (Doric Hall, iirc). I
dropped by there during lunch and the place was packed with
listener/fans. Jerry had arrived there quite early and quietly hung out
with the crowd and sat with Gene (mostly off-mic, unnannounced).  He
went on with Gene, briefly, but it was clear that Jerry was just hanging
out there for support of a friend.  Up until that point, I had assumed
there was tension between the two, not sure why I had that impression.
That day was a turning-point for WRKO.

Bill O'Neill