WJZB-TV Channel 14 (was Re: WMUR)

Peter Q. George radiojunkie3@yahoo.com
Fri Mar 21 17:34:35 EDT 2008

It's funny that you would mention about WJZB-TV.
Channel 14 has always interesting hobby of sorts for
me.  So much in fact (and NO, I did NOT buy the
company ;))..  I did make a rather extensive exhibit
on WWOR/WJZB at the UHF Morgue, and I also had started
a tribute site on Channel 14, by itself.  It's rather
preliminary, mind you,  but I think I am going to get
it going again.  I've already had some help from Jeff
McMahon (who actually LIVED on Asnesbumskit with his
family, while his late Dad was the engineer of Channel
14).  I'm definately going to reactivate the tribute
site ASAP.  If you want to check it out just click on
to....

http://www.geocities.com/pqgeorge100

also, the UHF Morgue has a lot of info on WJZB.
Try....

http://radiodxer.net or
http://www.geocities.com/radiojunkie1

73,

-Pete

--- Doug Drown <revdoug1@verizon.net> wrote:

> I always thought it was too bad that Worcester never
> got to have the VHF
> station it was originally intended to have, and that
> Channel 14 never really
> got off the ground either.  Worcester got wedged in
> there between the Boston
> and Providence markets, unfortunately enhancing its
> long-held "second
> banana" status.
>
> WSMW Channel 27 gave it a good try some years later,
> and even had a
> well-done local newscast.  But when the Boston UHFs
> upped their power output
> and new stations came on the air, that pretty much
> put the kibosh on that.
> I don't know how well 27 is doing with its
> Spanish-language programming.
>
> -Doug

Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts