WMUR

Gary's Ice Cream gary@garysicecream.com
Fri Mar 21 13:02:28 EDT 2008

I once applied for a job at WSRS - at the time (and maybe still) their
studios were up on the mountain in Paxton. The PD (don't recall his name)
told me that we were in what was originally supposed to be the Channel 5
WTAG-TV building - you could tell it was designed as a TV studio - high
ceilings, etc.  He explained that the station had been built - ALL the
equipment was in place and the FCC had granted the license to start up.  As
he explained it, the license was mailed by the FCC the same day that the
station sent the FCC a letter withdrawing their application - he said that
the letters crossed in the mail.  I don't recall if he told me WHY they
withdrew their application.

Gary F

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Maureen Carney
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2008 12:30 PM
To: Boston Radio Group
Subject: Re: WMUR

I understand that the Telegram & Gazette put in for channel 5 in Worcester
but I'm not sure if they got as far as the CP, and that WHDH-TV was
originally scheduled for the channel 13 license and WCOP was interested in
the channel 9 allocation. I'm not sure how far along things were when the
channels were reallocated.