report: NBC to sell Hartford, Miami TVs

chuckigo@maine.rr.com chuckigo@maine.rr.com
Fri Mar 21 08:44:02 EDT 2008

---- Doug Drown <revdoug1@verizon.net> wrote:
> Chuck:  We don't get the Portland Press Herald up in this neck of the woods,
> but I am under the impression that WMTW had moved up into second place in
> the news ratings while WGME had fallen to third. Am I wrong?
>
> -Doug

Doug - not 100% sure, but from what I recall, WMTW might have nipped WGME in one daypart - but according to Broadcast & Cable (10/01/07) -  after the July ratings were tabulated, WCSH was still in first, with WGME having taken one of the rated timeslots (but still #2) and both were followed by WMTW.  Now - I haven't seen (or been able to find) any reference to the Fall Sweeps.

I have to admit to not being totally enthralled with the progression towards "tabloid" style newscasts on 13 - and channel 8 has some similar folks on staff.   6 is most likely still atop the heap as they've stuck with what got them their - simple, straight-forward news with the same core of anchors (Pat, Cindy, Bruce and Joe).

If anyone is privvy to (or knows where to find) the most recent sweeps/ratings rankings, maybe they could share.

(sorry if this posts after someone has provided the answer - sometimes live morning radio gets busy)

Thanks

--Chuck Igo