report: NBC to sell Hartford, Miami TVs

Doug Drown revdoug1@verizon.net
Thu Mar 20 18:52:17 EDT 2008

>Last time I was aware, WMTW was broadcasting "Wheel of Fortune" and
>"Jeopardy" in the 7 to 8 PM hour.  That may be too lucrative for them to
give it up.

They're still being broadcast at that hour, after at least twenty years.
And I suspect you're right: they're too lucrative to surrender.

I underwent training in hospital chaplaincy back in the mid-'80s, and
frequently spent evenings going from room to room.  I quickly learned that
it was pointless to try to make visits to most elderly patients between 7
and 8 --- they did NOT want to talk during "Wheel of Fortune" and
"Jeopardy."

I'm sure advertisers count on that loyalty.

-Doug