WMUR

Doug Drown revdoug1@verizon.net
Thu Mar 20 17:40:51 EDT 2008

>Richard Eaton wound up with the station and he was a frugal owner to put it
>mildly.

Oh, boy, do I remember those days from when I was a kid.  Aside from "Uncle
Gus," which had a sort of quaint small-city charm to it, WMUR's local
programming was, shall we say, bottom of the barrel.  Given that most
southern NH residents could pick up Boston TV with their roof antennas, I
used to wonder how much of an embarrassment they used to consider the
station to be, given that it was the only one in the state.     -Doug