The clout of Bruce Bradley

SteveOrdinetz hykker@wildblue.net
Sun Mar 16 09:49:50 EDT 2008

  Donna Halper wrote:
>Bud wrote--
>
>>  So if he thinks he's getting some sort of revenge by refusing to
>>discuss or acknowledge time in Boston he's wrong, because nobody seems to
>>know why he seems bitter.  It's kind of sad, in a pathetic sort of way.
>
>Some people in the biz are just bitter, angry people and that's how
>it is for them.  At some point, Bruce's life began to turn
>unpleasant, and today he would prefer to move forward rather than
>look back. Maybe Boston has bad memories for him-- divorce,
>alcoholism, whatever.

I'm tending to believe the former.  Several years ago I came across a
link to an article on (containing some interview segments with) Bruce
after he lost his last St. Louis market gig.  Apparently, he'd made
some politically incorrect remark that was taken as racist and he was
toast.  The article and interview made him come across as an
extremely bitter man who took every setback in his life as a personal
insult.  The article went on to say that he was estranged from his
children, and that his wife had left him.  What a sad way to spend
one's golden years, though as the saying goes, that crotchety 80 year
old was probably a crochety 30 year old too.
I though't I'd saved the article, but it must be on some long-crashed
hard drive.