The clout of Bruce Bradley

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sat Mar 15 21:40:15 EDT 2008

Bud wrote--

>  So if he thinks he's getting some sort of revenge by refusing to
>discuss or acknowledge time in Boston he's wrong, because nobody seems to
>know why he seems bitter.  It's kind of sad, in a pathetic sort of way.

Some people in the biz are just bitter, angry people and that's how
it is for them.  At some point, Bruce's life began to turn
unpleasant, and today he would prefer to move forward rather than
look back. Maybe Boston has bad memories for him-- divorce,
alcoholism, whatever.  But even for those with no personal problems,
some people are funny about re-visiting their past.  There are those
who love it and enjoy the adulation of their fans-- several yeaes
ago, we had a reunion of the WNEU (Northeastern University) radio
station staff, and many of us had a chance to bow before one of our
honoured guests-- Arnie Ginsburg-- who seemed very pleased that we
still remembered.  On the other hand, I had Aaron Brown (then of CNN)
as a guest speaker at Emerson a while back, and while I have deep
respect for his ability as a news anchor (and still miss NewsNight),
he was... shall we say... a bit cranky when I showed him the
clippings I had assembled of his career.  He made some sort of
comment about he didn't need to see them because he had lived through
it-- in other words, that was then, so let's move on.  Okay fine.