All sleaze all the time: "Client 9 Radio"

Richard Chonak rac@gabrielmass.com
Fri Mar 14 19:48:25 EDT 2008

Sirius is devoting channel 126 this weekend to the Spitzer scandal,
pulling together material about the case from various talk channels:

http://www.sirius.com/client9radio

I suppose this illustrates an advantage satellite services possess: with
ample bandwidth and channel slots, they can create short-term
event-centered channels without inconveniencing their mainstream
listeners.  They've done this before for sporting events.

So far the channel's sounders feature oldie pop songs about betrayal:
"Lyin' Eyes", "I Heard It Through The Grapevine", etc.   I haven't heard
them play "Bad Girls" or "Don't Cha" yet, but they'll get around to it.

Maybe they could turn this into a regular channel about whatever scandal
erupts in politics, business, or entertainment from day to day:
"Schadenfreude Radio".

--RC