The clout of Bruce Bradley

Kevin Vahey kvahey@comcast.net
Wed Mar 12 18:18:47 EDT 2008

I was not making a statement about the men personally but it was more
of Westinghouse being tight with a dollar especially with talent.

I know of one case where a talent brought in 750K in billings in the
late 60's yet was paid 24K. People still recall how cheap Mac Richmond
was but Westinghouse was not any better.

Channel 4 was very late in the conversion to color especially when you
consider channel 5 was color from day 1 in late 1957. They converted
channel 4 a year after KYW who was given priority because of Mike
Douglas being shifted from Cleveland to Philly in the swap. Strange
when NBC was calling themselves the full color network. Even WNAC had
studio color before WBZ with those hideous GE cameras they later
unloaded on WSBK.

Westinghouse did have the best Washington reporter in the business in Sid Davis.