Prov.: Oldies 790; WPRO AM simulcast on 99.7

Paul Hopfgarten paul@derrynh.net
Wed Mar 12 05:36:16 EDT 2008

But to be the one with the "hammer" going after anyone, then having the
laze-faire attitude about breaking the law yourself, that hypocrisy is what
upsets people more than the transgression itself, IMHO.

-Paul Hopfgarten
-Derry NH

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
David Tomm
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 4:33 PM
To: Alan Tolz
Cc: (newsgroup) Boston-Radio-Interest; Dan.Strassberg
Subject: Re: Prov.: Oldies 790; WPRO AM simulcast on 99.7

I completely disagree here.  I don't condone what Spitzer did and if
it's true he needs to resign as governor, but he was absolutely
correct in going after the labels, promoters and station owners for
payola violations.  It was rampant in the industry, particularly on
current based music stations,  and their activities violated the
law.   I find it laughable that these same record labels that
funneled millions of dollars to the corporate chains through money
launderers.....um, I mean "independent promoters" to manipulate
airplay just a few years ago are now fighting for a performance
royalty from radio for playing (and thus promoting) the same
product.  Hilarious!

-Dave Tomm
"Mike Thomas"