Dr. Gilbert Holloway

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Wed Mar 12 00:34:42 EDT 2008

On 11 Mar 2008 at 15:31, Laurence Glavin wrote:

> (Apparently Jeanne Dixon did, and a magazine called "Skeptical
> Inquirer" published by scientists investigating claims of the
> paranormal, had a field day with headlines in various newpapers
> trumpeting "psychic dies unexpectedly"). In their winter issue of
> 2001, they observed that NO psychic predicted anything like what
> happened on the previous September 11th.

But I suspect many of them claimed after the fact that they did.

I first read of Jean Dixon around 1964 and was impressed with the
things she claimed to have predicted.  In 1964, she was predicting
the fall of Khrushchev and that the Republicans would win the
Presidency in 1968.  When Khrushchev fell, I was impressed.  When
Nixon won in 1968, I was impressed.

But thereafter, while I kept seeing articles where she said she had
predicted something, I never again saw a prediction of hers before
the event.  Her columns making predictions were so full of
generalities that it was impossible to say what she was predicting.
She did say that the ideas of Barry Goldwater would one day be
respected, and he would be considered a venerated statesman.  But
it's hard to tell how much of that was prediction and how much was
her own political beliefs.

So I don't know how she managed those two specific predictions that
she got right, but they seem to have been the only two.  She also
predicted the fall of the Berlin Wall before the end of 1964, and
that didn't happen.