Larry Glick

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Tue Mar 11 02:09:23 EDT 2008

On 10 Mar 2008 at 15:50, Jon Maguire wrote:

> Kevin, roger on WCOP AM being on all night with country music. I was
> there 1970-75.

Sometime around 1959 or 1960,  WCOP was on all night with Top 40
music, though I believe it was automated, with only station ID
announcements.

I know because somewhere around then, when I was in 9th grade (1959-
60), there was an eclipse of the moon around 2 AM.  Since it was a
weekend night, my parents allowed me to set the alarm and wake my
sister, and we watched the eclipse in my room.  I had the radio on
(softly, so as not to wake my parents), and I found there were
exactly two stations on at that hour in the entire FM band:  WHDH-FM
and WCOP-FM.