Dr. Gilbert Holloway

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Mon Mar 10 22:13:21 EDT 2008

At 07:11 PM 3/10/2008, Alan Tolz wrote:
>Dr. Gilbert Holloway passed away in the late 1990's.  He was a
>frequent guest on Jerry Williams' shows over the years.  He was from
>New Mexico and he and his wife would drive their mobile home cross
>country appearing on radio stations, earning money by doing psychic
>readings after the broadcasts.

Ah yes, one of the many phony psychics, a master of what we skeptics
call "cold reading"... he got written up in all sorts of newspapers
and magazines, plus he had a column of his own for a while.  Most of
his predictions didn't happen, but enough did for him to seem
credible to some people.  He even persuaded the TV station in Deming
NM to give him a TV show... at various times, he claimed he was a
Christian minister AND a psychic.  Interesting combination.  The one
he got right was that Lyndon Johnson wouldn't run for president in
1968, and he seems to have parlayed that into some credibility as a
pundit... His bio said he was an evangelist, a counselor, and an
author.  In addition to being able to predict the future, and he said
he could teach anyone psychic powers.  Nice work if you can get it.