Dr. Gilbert Holloway

iraapple iraapple@comcast.net
Mon Mar 10 19:39:24 EDT 2008

I used to have Dr. Holloway on my program in Pittsburgh. Probably had him
more than a dozen times both on WJAS and lined him up for KDKA's Mike Levine
show.

Of all those who did the ESP or clairvoyance routine, he certainly was the
most clever and in all fairness, the most intuitive.

He always ended his session with a caller by saying something like, "This is
Gilbert Holloway, coming to you in the spirit." He rolled his "r" when he
pronounced "spirit".

He made the rounds of talk shows all over the country. He defended himself
quit well in response to my skepticism. I would throw in a number of doubts
about his abilities, then we would take a couple of calls mostly from people
who wanted to believe. He was smooth in covering up or distracting the
conversation if a caller would say he was not correct in his reading.

He always registered high on the phone counters (a device put in our control
room by AT & T which would register the number of tries on the lines many
years before Caller ID.)

Like many others who practiced his craft, Dr. Holloway was well prepared for
any goofs he might make when the callers would say to him, "Tell me
something about myself."  On that prompt, and often only on that prompt, Dr.
Holloway would undoubtedly sense tension, fear, nervousness, education,
sadness and a host of emotions based on the callers voice.

Of the many "fun" shows with guests like Hans Holzer (Ghost Hunter), Cybil
Leek (Witchcraft)and a number of regional people, I would put him near the
top of the list in attracting callers.

If he is alive today, he would know I said that.

Ira Apple