late night talk (was Jerry Williams)

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sun Mar 9 21:19:29 EDT 2008

Dan wrote--

>Wasn't his show called Nightcap or something
>like that? I surely can't recall the sequence of hosts but I wouldn't
>bet on Jepco having preceded Nebel.

I would absolutely bet on it, because that's what happened.  Herb
Jepko's Nitecaps show debuted in early February 1964 on KSL, and he
did some of his own syndicating till Mutual finally picked him
up.  Built up a large audience of overnight fans, had a club with a
membership card, annual conventions, volunteer groups called
Nitestands that did good deeds in the community, etc.  By all
accounts, a very good person whose audience was considered "too old"
by Mutual...