enjoying the new Jerry Williams book

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sun Mar 9 13:07:18 EDT 2008

Scott wrote--

>There are several pages worth of Donna in there, including the story
>(with full credit to Donna) of the discovery of Rush (the band, not
>the talk host!) on this side of the border.

Ah okay then.  I wasn't asking in order to toot my own horn; alas,
while I was working there, John (for a variety of reasons) would
regularly take credit for what Denny Sanders or myself or others
did.  There's no sour grapes on my end-- he and I have long since
buried the hatchet, and I hope he did give credit to Denny for what
he did at the station, as well as what I did.  It was a strange era,
and being the only person at the station who didn't do any drugs made
me a bit of an outsider.  Discovering Rush gave me a level of
acceptance I hadn't had previously, since it helped the station get
some positive publicity in the media-- the station did get the
careers of a number of rock groups started, and helped others to
become locally famous.  Here's an essay I wrote in 2002 about one of
those groups, the Sensational Alex Harvey Band.
http://www.wunnerful.com/sahb/reviews.html